Found Recipe: Cheese Wafers
I found this cheese wafers recipe in the bottom of a box of books, don’t know if someone’s grandmother passed it down or a lady copied it out of a book, but someone cared enough to type it up and you cared enough to read it. That is pretty special.
This recipe was found tucked in a box of books found at an estate auction in Paris Texas.
Servings: 6 Dozen
- 2 Sticks Oleo (Margarine)
- 2 Cups Fine grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Rice Krispies
- Mix all ingredients but the Rice Krispies thoroughly
- Add the Rice Krispies mix well
- Press into small thin circles
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 to 400 degrees
Makes 6 dozen or so.